Digital Embedded Systems Lab Guide
- NO FOOD or BEVERAGES allowed in labs. Food & drinks will be CONFISCATED.
AS per official policy No Food or Drink policy
- Wiring of circuits and connecting of cables/hardware must be done with the power OFF.
- Lab kits & stations are assigned by TA's to students for the duration of the semester.
- Loose wires and chips are not to be stored in lab kits.
- Equipment is never to be removed from the lab under any circumstances, including chairs.
Dealing with Hardware Problems
- If you encounter a problem the first thing to do is power off all the hardware, logoff the station and reboot the PC. Sometimes the PC/hardware/software can go into unusual states requiring a cold restart.
- Ensure that all cabling and wiring is properly connected. As obvious as it may seem this does happen. Sometimes a problem can be as simple as a cable not being plugged in.
If you've decided you still have a problem then report it immediately to:
General website: www-ug.eecg.utoronto.ca/desl/
Equipment problems: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Technical Issues in Person
Norman Baccari: Bahen Centre room BA3110
Fred Aulich: Bahen Centre room BA3104